Additional cost - Not included in registration
Colony started in 1878 by Italian immigrants. It is Curitiba's main gastronomic center and is a show of typical houses, which are preserved for historical, architectural or merely sentimental reasons.
Parque Tingui reminds one of the first occupants of the "Campos de Curitiba", the Indians of the Guarani nation.
Located in Park Tingui, the Ukrainian Memorail pays tribue to Ukrainian immigrants in Curitiba. Opened in 1995, the year that celebrated the centenary of the arrival of these immigrants to Curitiba. The whole memorial is composed mainly by a replica of the church of St. Michael the Archangel, a typical house, outdoor stage and the portal. All building made of wood attached to the Ukrainian style.
The "Bosque Alemão" is dedicated to the German immigrants. Its special attractions include the Hansel and Gretel Trail, taken from one of the Brothers Grimm's tales. The Enchanted House, the Bach Oratorium, an the "Torre dos Filosofos" (The Philosophers Tower), which has a magnificent view of Curitiba.
Amid the green forest of Zaninelli and with the presence of oceanographer Jacque Cousteau, the Universidade Livre do Meio Ambiente was opened in 1992. It is the first university in the world created to study the development of environmental preservation.
An example of urban space being re-utilized. With an area of 450.000 m2, it was built on old quarries. Highlight is the tunnel that crosses the Rock, joining two lakes.
Built in a tube-like structure, the Ópera de Arame, from 1992, is a magical space that integrates into the nature of its surroundings. Next to the opera house is the quarry Pedreira Paulo Leminski, which is a stage to great cultural and artistic events in Curitiba.
Memorial of the Polish immigration, it is composed of seven houses made of wooden logs, tucked away in native woods. It was opened in 1980, soon after Pope John Paul II's visit to Curitiba.