Science (MS) student in the Louisiana Forest Products Development Center, School of Renewable Natural Resources, Louisiana State University (LSU) to start fall semester 2017. The successful candidate will be involved in a cutting-edge project in the field of forest products marketing/business development with a focus on evaluation of market potential for Cross-
Laminated Lumber (CLT) and Massive Veneer Panels (MVP) in the Southern United States using Southern Yellow Pine. In particular, the candidate will investigate awareness, willingness-to-
participate, and markets for CLT and MVP from the perspectives of manufacturers, architects, builders, and building code policy makers. The MS candidate is expected to co-lead this study with Dr. Richard Vlosky, Director, Louisiana Forest Products Development Center. The successful candidate will be funded during the 2-year study period with a generous assistantship, plus paid tuition, fees and insurance. The candidate must:
• Possess an undergraduate degree relevant to the topic of the study, preferably in wood products.
• Previously attained and maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale basis.
• Have an exceptional command of written and spoken English at the level of native speakers as this study involves interactions and meetings with populations mentioned above.
• Have a high level of organizational skills in order to co-lead this research.
• Coursework or experience in marketing or market research is highly desirable.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, unofficial transcripts, and the names and contact
information of two referees (name, title, email and phone number) by email as a single pdf file to Dr. Richard Vlosky at email@example.com. My phone number is: (225) 578-4527. These “unofficial” applications will be reviewed from April 20th, 2017 until June 15th, 2017. In order to save time and money, we will identify the best candidate who would then officially apply to the LSU Graduate School. See http://www.lsu.edu/graduateschool/ for Graduate School requirements and important dates.
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer