TITLE: Wood Composites Technologist

DATE: September 2016

DEPT: Advanced Structures and Composites Center

REPORTS TO: Sr. Laboratory Operations Manager, Wood Composites Manager

Purpose: The purpose of this position is to conduct and manage the many wood-related projects in thelaboratory. To identify industrial partners in the composites industry, to develop proposals for federal,state and industry-funded R&D and demonstration programs in cooperation with industry partners, andto manage industry-cooperative R&D programs.

Background: Established by the National Science Foundation in 1996, the Advanced Structures andComposites Center is a recognized leader in the development of advanced materials in structural, civil infrastructure, offshore wind, defense, and boatbuilding applications. The Center is housed in a world-leading 100,000 ft 2 laboratory and typically employs 150-200 faculty, staff and students. The Center regularly conducts 100-200 active research projects at any point in time and has received numerous national awards of excellence for its research and development activities including from the AmericanComposites Manufacturing Association, SAMPE, SNAME, the American Society of Civil Engineers, theAmerican Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the Federal Highway  Administration.

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable pool of applicants has been received. To view a full job description and to apply for this position go to: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=36429&job=wood- composites-technologist and provide the following information:

 Cover Letter

 Resume

 The contact information of three (3) references

Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience of the successful candidate. This position is contingent upon funding and successful performance. Evaluation will take place in the initial six months of employment and annually thereafter in accordance with the UMPSA agreement.

The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace related screenings,