postdoctoral scientist in the area of wood science and chemistry.
The research in the group is mainly focusing on different wood modification techniques as well as on fundamental research topics such as water vapour sorption of biomaterials, especially sorption kinetics and changes in ultrastructure. We are continuously co-operating with industry and national/foreign universities. At the moment we have several on-going projects related to wood modification e.g. thermal modification in high pressure reactor, veneer surface modification, fire retardant modification etc. We have excellent facilities in the school of chemical technology (http://www.bioeconomyinfra.fi/)
Depending on the interest and expertise of the candidate he/she will be working in projects on wood chemical modification using standardized analysis techniques as well as confocal Raman microscope, DVS ET1 / Intrinsic etc. Strong background in wood chemistry and spectroscopical analyses are needed. The position is available from 01.07.2016 onwards, but latest on 01.09.2016.
The eligible candidate should have:
- PhD in suitable field with excellent results
- High motivation for research
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in carrying out independent research and working in a team environment
- Previous scientific publications are considered a plus
Skills, knowledge and abilities in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Experience in spectroscopical analyses, such as IR and Raman spectroscopies
- Good understanding of wood structure and chemistry
- Experience in raise competitive funding
Salary is determined according to the salary system of Aalto University.
For more information
For additional information, please contact Professor Lauri Rautkari, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
The application should include the following:
- a cover letter
- a CV
- a list of publications
- a research interest description
- names and contact details of referees.
All material should be provided in English. The application materials will not be returned.
Please send your application, at earliest convenience and no later than 30.06.2016 through the online recruitment system (link below, “Apply for this job”).