From: Michelle Littleton, HR Generalist
Subject: Plant Quality Supervisor II (Salaried Exempt)
Implement and manage quality systems and lead continuous improvement activity. Ensure quality and technical objectives are properly deployed. Supervise activities and training of quality technicians.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and participate in facility health & safety activities as assigned.
• Be pro-active in identifying and performing tasks to maintain and improve safety, quality and environmental performance.
• Ensure SOPs and JSAs exist and are updated for all quality tasks. Ensure required training for Quality Technicians is completed and documented according to policies.
• Manage a large scope of work, volume of activity, and direct reports.
• Manage scope of project work, analysis, or report writing.
• Provide safety, quality, and environmental training for Quality Technicians.
• Lead process and product tests/trials as assigned. Compile, analyze, and report trial test results as required.
• Define and implement procedures to support quality initiatives. Establish and maintain a comprehensive program that will ensure consistent product quality under certifying agency guidelines.
• Ensure plant compliance with all internal product specifications, and corporate quality policies.
• Manage quality systems to assure consistent process and product performance while maintaining maximum production and safe work habits.
• Manage plant calibration and verification schedules for process and lab instruments. Lead and deploy process optimization (cost reduction, new technology, etc.), statistical analysis, continuous process improvement, and experimental design.
• Support and assist in troubleshooting sources of Special Cause variation.
• Supervise work activities for plant Quality Technicians.
• Train, coach, and assist in the development of plant Quality Technicians.
• Manage quality records, databases, and controlled documents in accordance with corporate record retention policies.
• Manage and maintain quality records and databases in compliance with business, corporate, and certifying agency requirements.
• Generate routine quality reports for internal communication.
• Assist in the plant quality self-assessment.
• Assume responsibilities of Quality Manager in their absence.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of quality system.
• Thorough knowledge of LP and quality policies & standards
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment and basic mechanical ability.
• Knowledge of customer requirements, installation requirements, compliance regulations, quality processes and procedures.
• Skill in leading, planning, coaching, training, and supervising. Ability to hold people accountable.
• Skill in data analysis and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge and understanding of statistical process controls.
• Proven ability to design experiments to investigate product attributes or qualities/conditions.
• Strong computer spreadsheet software and software skills
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Proven ability to operate job related equipment and tools.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
• Proven ability to operate a computer and supporting software.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Proven ability to document process changes and their effects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Forest Products, Engineering, Wood Science or related field preferred.
• ASQ Certification, Lean Six Sigma Training, or other applicable training desirable.
• Adequate combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities
• 5+ years quality related experience
• Manufacturing experience desirable.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The lab and manufacturing environment includes exposure to moving parts, fumes, chemicals, airborne particles and high temperatures.
• The employee must have the ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, work in inclement weather, and work with elevated noise levels.
• The position requires the ability to frequently lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.