Product Quality Testing
• Conducts physical and mechanical property tests on finished and in-process products according to a prescribed schedule, the Quality Management System, and work instructions to assure compliance and control to all HEW quality standards and process and product specifications.
• Assures integrity of all results. Enters all results into spreadsheet, database, and SPC program and tracks key parameters with statistical charts.
• Presents product/process variations to the leadership team.
Process Control and Quality Assurance
• Regularly checks all SPC monitoring equipment to determine if process is in control.
• If process is not in control, alarms shift supervisor and machine operator and assists in problem solving.
• Recommends changes to assure product compliance with quality standards.
• Monitors and examines data and SPC charts persistently to ensure compliance. Identifies causes of variation and takes corrective actions to return the process to statistical control and prevent recurrence.
• Observes finished product appearance and assures that units placed in the warehouse are of graded quality.
• Identifies and isolates substandard quality product through formal testing protocol and assures proper disposition.
• Performs periodic process equipment calibrations and checks.
• Contributes to product claims resolution by conducting on-site inspections, identification of data trends, etc.
• Inspects the Certificate of Assurance (COA) for all incoming raw material to assure compliance with product acceptance specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required. Prefer a Bachelor of Science in Wood Science or Forest Products
• High proficiency in computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheets
• Basic Understanding of SPC required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills is a must
• Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment is essential
Our objective is to hire highly talented & motivated individuals to fill this position. Candidates for this position should aspire to grow with-in the Huber Engineered Woods family. Our foundation is the quality of our products; this is what defines us as a corporation.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Bob Hossenlopp, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org To learn more about this great organization visit our website at www.huberwood.com
Huber Engineered Woods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer