Wood and Fiber Science for Authors
Download or print a PDF document that contains all the information you'll need to prepare and submit to the Wood and Fiber Science Journal.
Manuscript Requirements and Format
- Editorial and Publication Policy: Manuscript must be consistent with Journal policy.
- Publication Charges: Your organization will agree to pay page charges.
- Length of text: 5000 word equivalents (you can check this by blocking only the text and then clicking on “properties” under “file” in Microsoft Word™)
- All manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word™ with Line Numbering enabled and numbering restarted on each page. (Click for Instructions)
- Classification for Reviewers and Manuscripts: Review to select the categories that best describe the classifications for your manuscript. Note the numerical designation. When you access the EM website, you will be asked for these.
- Format of Manuscript: After title page: Abstract, Keywords, Body with References, Acknowledgements, Tables (1/page), Figures (1/page)
- Title Page: Initial title page with title, authors (indicate only one corresponding author), short title
- Headings: Proper headings in text
- Citations in text: For example, (name date; name date; ....)
- References and Periodical Abbreviations: Alphabetic listing and properly formatted
- Tables: Tables should not be in the text, but should follow References, one table per page.
- Figures: Figures should not be in the text, but should follow References, one figure per page. A list of figure captions should precede the figures. Figures should follow Journal Guidelines for Figures.
- SI Units: Use only International System of Units
- Conversion to SI Units: Convert all units to SI, especially nominal values
- Symbols and Abbreviations: Proper symbols: % (not percent); s (not sec); h (not hour or hr) (see )
- Numbers: Use proper numbers of significant digits, especially for conversions