The Society of Wood Science and Technology (SWST) is pleased to announce an Emerging Countries International Travel Grant Program to provide partial support for travel expenses to attend the 2016 SWST International Convention
Up to 5 grants for up to $500 each will be awarded.
- Applicants must be International Members of SWST upon application and receipt of the grant.
- Non-members may apply by submitting a membership application and dues at the time of application.
- Applicants must be residents of an SWST-approved emerging country.
- Members selected for support under this grant program will be expected to present a research poster at the convention.
Grants will be made on a cost-reimbursement basis following the convention. Applications will be reviewed by the SWST Visiting Scientist Committee, with recommendations for funding made to the Executive Board of the Society.
How to Apply
- Pre-register for the International annual convention and pay the registration fee.
- Complete the SWST ECITGP Application Form (PDF)
- Submit the ECITGP form to SWST
- Submit an abstract describing the research topic to be presented in poster format. Abstracts will be evaluated for research hypothesis, scientific merit, organization, and clarity of expression.
Awardees of Emerging Countries International Travel Grants will receive funds upon submission of travel expense receipts to Vicki Herian, Executive Director, SWST.
- Vicki Herian
- Executive Director
- P.O. Box 6155
- Monona, WI 53716-6155 USA
- PH: +01-608-577-1342
- Fax: +01-608-254-2769