Transportation between Vienna Airport and Zvolen: Map (PDF)
Travel directly from Airport to ZvolenThe easiest way is to take the bus.
More about the Bus...
Purchasing Bus Tickets:
- You can buy your ticket on the bus or ahead of time at http://www.slovaklines.sk/index_en.html.
- Pick the "Europe" tab
- Where From: Wien, Flughafen Wien
- Where To: Bratislava,AS
- Select date and time.
- Repeat steps for ticket from Bratislava AS to Zvolen AS.
- It is much easier to buy tickets on the bus.
Cost: Approximately 16€ one way with an additional .50€ charge per piece of luggage.
Travel from Airport to Vienna City Center
If you are going to Vienna city center and staying before the conference, your options include:
- A taxi for about 35€
- The S7 train Praterstern stop with transfer to whichever U Line is near your hotel. The cost for the S7 is about 4€ and allows you to transfer to the U lines at no cost for the first hour. You can buy tickets on the platform at the airport. Be sure to validate the ticket at the platform if there is a box.
- The City Airport Train (CAT) train. Tickets cost 11€ and the train goes from the airport to Wien-Mitte train station in Vienna Center. Vienna transportation map (PDF)
Travel from Vienna City Center to Zvolen
By train is easiest as it leaves from downtown Vienna.
- http://www.oebb.at/en/ to purchase your tickets
- Where From: Wien hbf
- Where To: Zvolen osobna stanica Z
- You have to transfer trains in Bratislava
- Cost is about 16€, and takes about 4-1/2 hours.
- The train station is next to the bus station in Zvolen; taxis are also available to your hotels.